Mixed Berry Antioxidant Smoothie
1/2 C. Frozen Antioxidant Berry Blend (I got mine from the Target)
1 1/2 scoops Birthday Cake Protein
1 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
Blend & Enjoy!
250 Cals, 7.5 net carbs, 8 g fat, 34 g protein
Turkey, Avocado, Tomato Salad
1 C. Romaine Lettuce
2 oz Organic Turkey Sandwich meat (shredded)
1/2 Medium Avocado
6 Grape Tomatoes
Pepper to taste
1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
250 Cals, 6 g net carbs, 19 g fat, 14 g protein
Crock-Pot Jambalaya Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb large frozen shrimp
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 bell pepper finely diced
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 TBSP Cajun or Creole seasoning (I only did 1 TBSP, Travis isn’t a spicy guy ;))
- 2 TBSP paprika
- 1 TBS onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 2 cups pre-xxboiled brown rice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray
- Pour in the chicken broth
- Add in the Cajun seasoning, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Stir in the garlic and tomato paste
- Add the chicken breasts
- Add in the onion, bell pepper, celery
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred it.
- Return the chicken back into the slow cooker
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Stir in the rice
- Cover and continue cooking on HIGH for 1 hour or on LOW for 2 hours.
- Stir in the shrimp. (I sautéed the shrimp in a pan for 7 minutes with olive oil and then drained)
Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
1 C. Butter
1/2 C. Truvia
2 1/2 C. gluten free flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
3/4 tsp salt
Mix butter, truvia and egg until mixed well
Add flour, milk, vanilla extract and salt, mix well, put in the fridge covered for 1 hour
Roll out and cut out cookies
Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes
Frost with vanilla gluten free flour
Chicken Fajita Soup
• 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 onion chopped
• 1 green pepper chopped
• 3 garlic cloves minced
• 1 tablespoon of butter
• 8 oz cream cheese
• 3 cups chicken broth
• ½ cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 packet of taco seasoning
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook boneless skinless chicken breasts in a slow cooker (or use left over chicken breast like I did, or even shredded rotisserie chicken) for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low in a cup of chicken broth. Season with salt/pepper.
2. When chicken is cooked through, remove from slow cooker and shred. (You can strain the leftover broth for the soup.)
3. In a large saucepan saute green pepper, onion, and garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter until they are translucent.
4. With a spoon mash the cream cheese into the veggies so that it will combine smoothly as it melts.
5. Add chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, and taco seasoning.
6. Simmer on low uncovered for 20 minutes.
7. Add chicken, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Optional: Top each bowl with shredded cheese, cilantro, and/or sour cream.
Makes 8 servings—1 Cup is a serving
Low Calorie/Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte
1 C Black Coffee ( I used pumpkin pie)
In the frother:
4 tbsp Califia Pumpkin Spice Better bran creamer (found at Target)
2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
Froth and mix into coffee
135 Cals, 1 Carb, 12 Fat
On the menu tonight was:
1lb grass fed ground beef browned in a pan with salt, pepper and garlic powder
Topped with 2 oz cheddar jack cheese
Threw some lettuce in a bowl, 4oz of beef with a pickle, some onion cut up, ketchup and mayo and had ourselves a little burger bowl! So easy and so tasty!
If you want to lower the carbs even more, don’t do ketchup, do an olive oil dressing or mustard!
Gluten Free Kiss Cookies
- 24 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1 cup Jif Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp additional granulated sugar for rolling
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- 2. Beat peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl. Add egg; beat well.
- 3. Shape dough into 24 equal balls (about 1 inch). Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes 24 cookies.
- NOTE: Always read labels of each ingredient to ensure that they are gluten free prior to use
110 Calories, 11 Carbohydrates, 7 Fat, 3 Protein
Bunless Grassfed Burgers with Brussels Sprouts
1lb Grass fed Beef
Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
In a pan, put a 1/2 tbsp of organic butter in a pan with red onion (saute)
Patty Burgers (I did 4, 4 oz burgers)
Cook on medium heat in the onions and butter for 4 minutes on each side for medium
I added mayo, ketchup, mustard and pickled to my burger
Wash, cut brussels in half
Put the brussels in a glass square dish with a little water and 1 tbsp olive oil
Sprinkle a generous amount of Parmesan cheese
Cook in the microwave for 6 minutes
Once they’re done in the microwave, sprinkle a little more Parmesan and then broil for 5 minutes to brown and crisp up a bit
CROCKPOT ROAST WITH MASHED SWEET POTATO
3 lb roast of choice (I used Venison Roast)
Half red onion cut up
1 ½ tsp beef bouillon
½ Bag Organic Carrots
Put on high for 5-6 hours, low for 1 hour
I then transferred to plate and cut up.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
2 Yellow Sweet Potatoes
Boil until soft(drain)
Add ½ tbsp. Organic Salted Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
Use ½ C. of the juices from the crockpot
2 tbsp. Gluten Free Flour
1 tbsp. Organic Salted Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
Macros is for 6-8 oz of meat and 1/2 C. Sweet Potato
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast with Sautéed Asparagus
46 ounces, Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
4 tbsp (14 g), Organic Salted Butter
4 Tbsp, 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp, Parsley Flakes
Pair with Asparagus cooked in 1 tbsp organic salted butter or 1 tsbp olive oil
Saute in a pan over medium heat
4-6 ounces of Chicken Breast with 5 Asparagus Spears. Macros for chicken is on the left and asparagus on the right.
Last night, Mallorie, Makenzie and I made banana bread. Recipe is below. The original recipe called for all sugar and chocolate chips, I did ¼ C. Stevia in the raw and ¼ C. Organic Sugar. I cut the bread in ten slices and the nutrition is for that 1/10 of a serving! The nutrition info is pictured down below with my two cute helpers!
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour
- 4 very ripe bananas mashed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 cup Stevia in the raw
- 1/2 cup organic butter 1 stick, softened, salted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for at least minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and serve warm!
Gluten Free Pizza
- 1 cup warm water, about 110F
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (I used Simply Balanced from Target)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast in a glass measuring cup. Whisk to combine.
- While the yeast is proofing for 3-4 minutes, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and ground flax seeds in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the yeast mixture and oil. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for 3-4 minutes.
- Using an oiled spatula, press the dough off the sides into a ball. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Oil a 12-inch round pizza pan. Using oiled or wet hands, press the dough into the pan. The dough will shrink slightly as it bake, so press the dough as thin as you can to cover the pan. Let rise for another 10 minutes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and add your desired toppings. Bake for another 10-15 minutes depending on your toppings. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Add toppings of choice. I use simply balanced organic pizza sauce and organic mozzarella cheese, cut up green olives. Toppings will be extra calories.
Sheet Pan Meatloaf & Cauliflower:
1 lb ground beef 80/20
1 large egg
½ tsp pepper, divided
3 tbsp ketchup
½ C. Sharp White Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1 head cauliﬂower, trimmed into small ﬂorets
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly oil a large, rimmed baking sheet. In a large bowl, mix together beef; egg ¼ tsp pepper, ½ C. Cheese, 2 tbsp Ketchup. Shape into 4 small loaves and arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 10 Minutes
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and remaining ¼ tsp pepper. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet, next to the meatloaves. Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Brush on the remainder of the ketchup on top of the loaves once you take them out of the oven
Meatloaf with Green Olive Recipe:
1 lb 80/20 ground
Generous amount of salt and pepper
½ Tsp. Onion Powder
½ Tsp. Garlic Powder
12 Cut up green olives (optiona)
1 tsp ketchup (optional)
Cook @ 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. We paired with a garden salad!
6 Large Eggs
3/4 C Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 C Shredded Cheese of choice
5 slices bacon (cooked)
2 oz yellow onion
Salt & Pepper
Mix all ingredients, bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces.
Pork Chops with Veggies
1 tbsp Cream Cheese per Chop
Seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Baked at 350 for 30 mins
Paired with sautéed mushrooms, onions and tomatoes in a 1/2 tbsp of olive oil sprinkled with salt, pepper and 2 tsp Parmesan cheese.
Macros are for 4oz of pork and a ½ C. of veggies
17 g Fat
30 g Protein
4 Net Carbs
2 Leafs of Romaine Lettuce
5 Grape Tomatoes
5 Green Olives
1 tbsp cilantro
1 tbsp avocado
2 oz turkey breast
1 oz salami
1/2 oz mozzarella cheese
1/2 tbsp Newman’s Creamy Cesar Dressing
3.5 net carbs
1lb 80/20 ground beef
Seasoned with Lawry’s and Garlic Powder
I pattied them into a 6oz, 4oz and two 3oz burgers.
Cooked in a skillet for 4 minutes on each side for medium
Topped with green olives, cheddar jack cheese and a fried egg
Paired with a glass of Pinot Noir
Macros with a 4oz Burger:
440 Cals, 5 Carbs, 23 Fat, 20 Protein
So simple but so delicious!