My success is measured by how hard I work, your success is no different. On a previous podcast I talked about my own personal success on how the scale didn’t win. I’m at a higher weight than I was after both girls but a lower body percent fat. The scale isn’t always the winner and I’m here to tell you how that can be so mentally taxing. I wanted the scale to read 118-120 until I was stuck around 130 and then my monthly measurement check came up and low and behold, I reached a lower body percent fat at this weight than I did when I was lighter. You see, the scale isn’t always the biggest determination of our success. Lowest weight for me meant, less muscle, higher body percent fat. Travis said I could lose 2 more pounds and be at my ultimate weight! Guess what weight I reached yesterday morning on Halloween?!
Now, what are my goals, since the scale doesn’t need to go down for me anymore?
1. More toning, especially my mid section because I’ve carried three babies and I’m darn proud of those imperfections but it doesn’t hurt to keep working on ourselves.
2. Being consistent with my weight training and varying my workouts. You just might find me teaching group ex classes again! 👏🏼💪🏼😊 But I will never not use weights again.
3. Making sure I’m filling my body up with mostly healthy foods and ENOUGH. I can’t stress this enough, more muscle has proven to me that I need more calories, especially while breastfeeding Tucker. Fasting has allowed me to do 2-3 big meals so it’s less time consuming to meal prep and it’s working. And I’ve done a lot of research on fasting and breastfeeding and fasting has actually shown to have higher fat amounts in breast milk.
4. My other goals I haven’t quite committed to yet. I’ll let those out of the bag soon! 🤣 I’m going to run Grandma’s marathon again next year, hoping to get into the Bayshore half marathon in Traverse City in May.
5. Being the best version of myself for myself, my husband, my kids, my family, friends and clients. Positive vibes only is my mantra and I’ll be the first to say…if you’re feeling negative or down, try a workout, focus on the food you’re putting in your body and make yourself accountable to reach your goals. At the end of the day, you are ALWAYS in control. Need guidance? I’m always here for that!
As the end of the year is approaching(I can’t even believe I’m saying that) I looked at my stats for my blog for the year and it is amazing to see over 20,000 views! I do this because I love doing it and helping people. My greatest asset is living the healthy lifestyle and showing that it IS possible to reach those post partum goals or goals for any person. It’s not easy, but it’s so damn worth it!
I also am so excited to attach my website to order products online! Why TM Fitness? Because Travis supports me and M Fitness didn’t include my whole family. Because without Travis, Melodie, Mallorie, Makenzie and Tucker none of this would be possible. tmfitnessmqt.com
As always, your love and support is so appreciated. 👏🏼✨💪🏼