As I sit in bed with my hands reached out kind of far to reach the computer to type, as the belly has gotten too big to rest the computer on, two little girls and a sleeping husband, I’m reflecting back on 2018. What a year it’s been. Quite honestly, one of our best, but I have a strong feeling, a sense of happiness and many goals that 2019 is going to top this year! A new job at the YMCA for Travis proved to give us a new and grateful community to be a part of. A month into his new job we found out we were expecting baby number three, just about a month shy of when I was running my FIRST marathon. This year, I will take on that challenge again at five months post partum and at 30 years old (I turn 30 in May!) I’m excited, I love challenges, and I can’t wait to take you on this adventure with us as we BOTH are signed up to run Grandma’s Marathon in June. Three kids, two marathoners, we’ve got this!
Let’s be honest though right now, I’m 35 weeks pregnant, soon to be 36 on Friday! I’m most anxious to meet our new baby and find out if we will have three girls or two girls and a boy! We put away all of the Christmas décor this past weekend and as much as I love Christmas and the lights, it’s nice to have the house set as we need to bring baby items up from the basement so we’re ready for the arrival. I’ve been wanting a changing table that will be able to turn into a décor table after baby and all of the tables I found were either the wrong dimensions or $500 so I asked Travis a final time what I should do and I told him I found a DIY changing table on Pinterest and he said he would make it,not sure he had a choice!! We went out on a dinner date Saturday and after we went to Lowe’s and he got all the wood to make it! I’ll post pictures when it’s all done. This part of my blog post was written on Sunday night and I will continue tomorrow.
What I did today, (NYE) I took the girls to breakfast. Then we came home and cleaned out the pantry, cleaned the cupboards, cleaned junk drawers, and cleaned the fridge out! The garbage men will indeed get a workout tomorrow morning when they pick up our garbage but boy do I feel amazing going into 2019 with a little less clutter! I also created our monthly budget sheet for groceries, miscellaneous, and gas. Does anyone else have a monthly budget sheet they follow?
What else do we have going on beginning tomorrow? Well, we both have our food and exercise journals out and ready to conquer goals! Of course, my goals are a little different with being pregnant. We will be:
- Eating whole food, no more processed carbs like Christmas cookies and treats. I most definitely will still be eating gelato or a more whole dessert once in a while to finish my pregnancy, because, well, it’s all about moderation!
- Refraining from alcohol, (which, of course I haven’t for 8, almost 9 months already anyway) but Travis will have no alcohol all of January and maybe into February as well.
- Logging our exercise calories.
- Staying away from our no no’s from our DNA test results. Mine being high carbs, and Travis’ being high carbs and gluten.
- Making sure we’re all taking our daily vitamins.
- Making sure Mallorie keeps trying new foods, we’ve struggled with her trying new things, but when she finally tries something she really likes, she doesn’t want to stop eating it. Her staples are, peanut butter sandwiches, pizza with the topping scraped off, macaroni and cheese, cucumbers, apples, (must be peeled), watermelon and cantaloupe.
I did do three meals a week on HelloFresh with a coupon code and our first delivery is expected Thursday, so I will keep you all updated as far as that goes! I think Mallorie will enjoy helping me make the food. Our little Makenzie eats and tries anything so there’s no problem there. If any of you want to take $40 off you first order, click here.
I also have meal plans and our food and exercise journal available for sale through my site if you want to take a look at the options, click here. As always, if you have ANY questions, let me know. What better way to kick off the New Year?! I also have cleanse and reboot options available, just send me a message on Facebook, Instagram or send me an email to email@example.com
I hope the rest of 2018 treats you all well! I’m looking forward to this next month and sharing our new baby news and life with three kids with you all!! Thank you for following along! 🙂